Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 2018 GTA Polar Bear Run  (Read 38105 times)

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
2018 GTA Polar Bear Run
« on: November 10, 2018, 09:08:47 pm »
2018 GTA Polar Bear Run
When:  Saturday, Dec 29, 2018
Where:  Atlanta Motorsports Park, 20 Duck Thurmond Rd, Dawsonville, GA 30534, USA    
To Barnsley Resort, 597 Barnsley Gardens Rd NW, Adairsville, GA 30103

Description:  We are excited that the 2018 Georgia Polar Bear run will once again start at Atlanta Motorsports Park. Thanks to AMP for opening their doors to our group and to allow a little warming up before we take to the roads. Our 80 mile route and destination will, of course, be different and we will end up at Barnsley Gardens. Note your calendar now because you won't want to miss it! As in the past couple of years, we will once again be raising money for the ALS Foundation.AMS has a large room for us to meet in prior to the drive, and facilities available for a pre departure pit stop.  We will be wheels up at about 9:30 and the drive will take just under two hours, putting us in right at lunch time.Barnsley offers multiple dining options.  The Beer Garden is a casual, outdoor restaurant with a fire pit, and large trees strung with twinkling lights, the Beer Garden offers a menu of salads, paninis and bratwurst as well as more than 30 craft beer selections. The Woodlands Grill is open seven days a week and has menu options from about $12-30.  No reservations are required there.  The Rice House is open on Fridays and Saturdays for dinner hours only (5:30-10PM) and is a bit more upscale dining focusing on seasonal Farm to Table menu options.  For those looking to extend their stay, Barnsley offers accommodations from a King room at the Inn for $239/night, two Queen beds $259 and options in the cottages include a King Suite for $369 up to entire cottages for $629 per night.
Below are a few links with information about Atlanta Mortorsports Park, Barnsley Resort and the third link is a bit of history about Barnsley for those interested in it.

https://atlantamotorsportspark.com/
https://www.barnsleyresort.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godfrey_Barnsley

Roxanne AMP:  678.381.8527
Jen Bell Barnsley:  770.773.7480
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 GTA Polar Bear Run
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 09:19:22 am »
Should probably link this to the calendar.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 09:48:30 am »
For those who plan to attend, the Atlanta Motorsports Park is a little difficult to find.  There are no signs leading to it other than a small brown highway sign that says "Race Track."  There may still be a sign that says "Public Go-Karting."  Coming in from the west on Hwy 53, there is also a small brown highway sign that says "Race Track."  These signs are just before you get to Duck Thurmond Road.   

From Downtown Dawsonville, take Ga. Hwy 53 West toward Tate and Jasper.  Several miles out of town you will come to a rotary where Hwy 183 splits to the right going to Ellijay and Amilicola Falls State Park. 

Take the 2nd exit out of the rotary, continuing West on Ga. Hwy 53.  Duck Thurmond Road is the first road on the right (roughly at about the 5 1/2 mile mark) and Atlanta Motorsports Park is only a couple hundred yards up Duck Thurmond Road. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 10:09:39 am by Fierofool »
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 05:35:58 pm »
Next chance to see a Fiero is December 29 at the Georgia Triumph Association sponsored Polar Bear Run.  In the event everyone has forgotten what a Fiero looks like, come to see all the classic sports cars.  I'm sure you can identify a Fiero in the mix.  Some even have Fiero nose badges or Fiero written on the deck lid so it's a no-brainer.  Even with their likenesses to Toyota MR2's and Ferraris, they should be easily identified because they really stand out from all the Triumphs, Morgans, Mini Coopers, Allards, Sunbeams, Bug-Eyed Sprites, Austins, and Volkswagens.  If you still can't identify a Fiero, just look for the car that is being worked on by the owner. 

Can you find a Fiero in this picture?

3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 05:46:50 pm »
I see 3 Fieros.  No idea what you and TopNotch are doing with TopNotch's Fiero.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 06:04:37 pm »
(snip) No idea what you and TopNotch are doing with TopNotch's Fiero.

See Last Sentence Above.  :)  Actually, I didn't even notice that when I posted the picture and comment.    I think we were probably looking at the mods he'd made. 

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 06:07:48 pm »
How many GFC people will be attending?

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 06:50:26 pm »
Pat and I are planning to.  Steve and Scott said it's possible. 

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 05:45:04 pm »
It's time to ask---Who's going? 

Me.

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 10:42:17 pm »
I went to the zoo to get a picture of a polar bear, but the polar bears were indoors.    Get this.  It's because of the COLD!  Silly me.  I should've called ahead.  Maybe the polar bears come from the tropics. The lions, camels, and elephants are outdoors.

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 10:36:20 am »
A lot of rain coming up, but Saturday morning is supposed to be a break in the rain. The run should be OK. I'm not sure about those guys with no tops on their cars, though.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 09:37:44 pm »
This morning and afternoon they seem to be of the feeling that most of the rain will stay south of Atlanta, at least until late in the day.  Hope it does cause I'm driving the Drip Top. 

scottb

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 08:00:26 pm »
I wont be able to make it, bad battery and possibly a bad alternator

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2018, 09:59:26 am »
Sorry guys. I'm out. Still fighting the crud, and Tammy has the flu.
Have fun!

GTRS Fiero

• It is what it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2018, 03:52:07 pm »
Is the run over, already?