Author Topic: wanted, coolant tube  (Read 59 times)

geezer mike

• View Profile
wanted, coolant tube
« on: May 25, 2016, 08:57:07 PM »
Hello again,
I need a passenger side coolant tube for a 88 Formula, hopefully within reasonable driving distance of southwestern western NC.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: wanted, coolant tube
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 09:20:33 PM »
Do we call you Geezer, or Mike?  Mike might be best because there are a whole bunch of us Geezers here. :)  But, Welcome!

The 87 and 88 coolant tubes are the same, so in your quest, don't limit yourself to just 88's. 
Love my Fieros, S-curves and speed.
It's what driving was meant to be.

Participating in a gun buyback program to prevent crime is like having yourself sterilized because your neighbor has too many children.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 10:18:46 PM »
Sorry. The 87 and 88 coolant tubes are the same at the rear, but different at the front.
With that said, an 87 tube can probably be "sectioned" and the rear half connected to the front half of the 88 tube with a piece of hose and some clamps. (I'm guessing that someone tried to jack up the car and crushed the tube at the rear. I have one of those, myself.)

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 11:29:26 PM »
Thanks.  I always thought they were the same.  Now, I know. 

Participating in a gun buyback program to prevent crime is like having yourself sterilized because your neighbor has too many children.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 05:55:19 AM »
Thanks.  I always thought they were the same.  Now, I know.

How close do the 87s get at the front, near the suspension?
The 88s come within in inch or two of each other. They are clamped to the bottom of the front crossmember, and then spread out to their respective sides. My right side tube was kind of in the way of my front battery box.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 06:35:28 AM »
I don't know.  I knew that they changed them at the rear in 87 because of the change in the heater bypass routing.  Never noticed the front.  Actually, I don't think I've ever been underneath either of the 88's.