Author Topic: 3.4 engine  (Read 81 times)

kanga

• View Profile
3.4 engine
« on: August 14, 2014, 08:46:34 PM »
Is there any interest in a 3.4 engine out of a Cameo? From my understanding it has less than 80k miles on it. It was installed on the '88 Formula I bought a few months ago from a member here. I was originally going to trade it to a guy who was going to make me some 3800 motor mounts but he seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. I want to continue with this swap , if I can sell it I guess I'll just order some. I honestly don't know what a fair value for this is so feel free to make an offer.
Thanks, Dylan.

Tha Driver

• View Profile
    • Angel On Earth
Re: 3.4 engine
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 11:52:56 PM »
Is it currently in the car & running? Are you sure it's a 3.4 (did you check the numbers)?
I might be interested, & I can make the mounts you need if you have templates/patterns or can bring me the car & engine/trans.
Thanks,
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Custom Fiberglass Parts

kanga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 10:15:03 PM »
The engine was running fine in the car. Last weekend I started to remove it and plan on finishing up this weekend. I got the car from Joe (slow burn) a few months ago. The car was originally owned by Paul who I guess runs fierosails.com and 2 members of the group Don and Asby installed it. I haven't had a chance to attend a meeting yet so I don't know any of them. Joe told me when I got the car that a lot of the members knew of it. I'm assuming since you are a Sr member you know some of if not all the names I've said. So long story short I haven't completely removed the engine so I can't check the numbers yet but I can either tomorrow or Sunday whenever I get enough time to finish the removal.

Raydar

• Paid Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:06:28 AM »
I definitely know the car. It is, indeed, supposed to be a 3.4.
You can tell by looking at the side of the block. There should be a large "F" cast into the side.