Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: GTA Polar Bear Run  (Read 15999 times)

TopNotch

• The Duke of URL
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
GTA Polar Bear Run
« on: November 15, 2015, 01:44:06 pm »
This years Polar Bear Run, sponsored by the Georgia Triumph Association, will be held on January 2nd, and will begin near Stone Mountain Park. These are all the details available now -- more to come.
The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: GTA Polar Bear Run
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 04:22:39 pm »
The Polar Bear Run is a great day of leisurely touring the Georgia Back Roads and Countryside with cars of all ages from vintage to custom rods to today's latest model.  The PBR always has a destination such as a military museum, state park, quaint restaurant or scenic area.  We've done the Warner Robins Aviation Museum, the Infantry Museum at Ft. Benning, Barnsley Gardens, and Watkins Mill State Park, just to name a few. 

Just follow the crowd or follow your route sheet.  It's a great day of car enthusiasts of all sizes, shapes and ages. 

Some examples:

There are a couple of roadsters in the group and yes, roadsters show up every year and make the run, irregardless of the weather.  True Polar Bears. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

GrannyLinda

• I'm On The Right Track Baby, I WAS BORN THIS WAY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 10:54:28 pm »
I Have Gone On The PBR With Pat A Couple Of Times And It Is
A Lot Of Fun.
It Is A Nice Little Cruise.     
I'm On The Right Track Baby !!!!
I WAS BORN THIS WAY !!!!

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 09:29:01 am »
This is the latest from the GTA website:

ATTENTION POLAR BEARS: Saturday, January 2, 2016 Georgia Triumph Association is hosting The Annual Polar Bear Run. This year’s destination is the Classic City: Athens, GA

We will gather for the start at the Outback Steak House parking lot at 1525 E Park Place Blvd, Stone Mountain, GA 30087. There are several places to grab coffee and breakfast right in the parking lot. Fuel is available nearby as well.

As in years past, we are seeking donations for the ALS Foundation of Georgia in memory of our long time GTA member Susan Ferguson. We ask a donation of $10 per car to support the great work of the ALS Foundation of Georgia however your donation is not required to participate.

All are welcome to participate with your most interesting auto – or bring the family in the minivan. The drive is a leisurely tour covering about 130 miles. All cars will receive a set of detailed directions, so that nobody gets lost or left behind. Rest stops will be provided along the way. Atlanta area residents will have the opportunity to participate fully and be home before dark. Out-of-towners may want to make the Polar Bear Run a weekend travel destination.

Accommodations: There are a number of motels in the Stone Mountain area for Friday night (including a Holiday Inn Express within walking distance of the starting point: 1790 E Park Pl Blvd, Stone Mountain, GA 30087 (770) 465-8847)

Athens has a large number of rooms available to allow an extended visit to this great city.

Snacks and drinks are a good idea, too.

Email activites@georgiatriumph.com with any questions, or call 404 918-1134 on the day of the event. We’re looking forward to seeing you there!

Let me know,
Thanks,
Jim

There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers