Tips
Links
Members
Message Board
Other Fiero Clubs
VIN Decoder
Speed Calculator
GFC Facebook Page

Author Topic: 84 Indy Pace Car  (Read 16614 times)

Motorhead4Life

• View Profile
84 Indy Pace Car
« on: March 22, 2013, 10:08:03 am »
 Hey everyone. I'm not a Fiero guy or even a big GM fan. Although, the Fiero was one of the cooler cars GM built.

Anyway, I have an 84 Indy Pace Car sitting in my mom's backyard right now. We got it from the widow of the original owner back in Jan. She had it under a cover in her garage for 10 years. So the first thing we had to do was to clean out a fuel tank that was full of 10 year old unleaded. Then we installed a fuel pump.
 This is an original Pace Car. And I only know that because a local Fiero guy verified it on the build sticker. The up side is it has very clean seats and headliner.The original Delco radio is there. So are the winged tire Indy badges on both fenders. Original wheels with new 10 year old tires if that makes any sense. It also has the hood emblem that says Indy Fiero.
 The downside is that at some point the original owner decided he wanted it to be black and had it painted. Then sometime later he painted it back white. So the door decals are long gone. The rear deck decal is still there. And the headlights don't want to cooperate. Much like all the other Fieros,Firebirds,Miatas etc.
 We want to sell this car. And that's why I'm here. I know that all of you know more about this than me. But I've been doing this long enough to know that it's a specialty car and not your everyday Craigslist used car.
 I want this car to go to someone who appreciates it for the time capsule that it is and knows what it's worth. With that being said I will leave it there and say that I can email or text all the pics you need. Feel free to call or text Jason at 478 733 2873. The car is located in Perry,GA. below Macon. My partner has his own rollback and can deliver the car anywhere in Georgia included in the sale price.
 Thanks for reading.

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
Re: 84 Indy Pace Car
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 10:50:23 am »
I'm going to link this over to Pennocks Fiero Forum for you.  That will give you much more exposure.  There's a bunch of Indy collectors there.  Maybe you can have some success there if no one here is interested.  I don't have the pictures any more,  so you'll need to re-post them. 
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers

Donster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 11:25:31 am »
Wouldn't you know it? As soon as I decide to move, an Indy becomes available!
\D
Life is good!

Motorhead4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 01:36:08 pm »
 Thanks for the input and help yall. I will post a few pics here if I can figure out how to do it.

Motorhead4Life

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 01:47:44 pm »
 Okay here are a few pics,hopefully...

Fierofool

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Georgia Fiero Club
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 03:40:25 pm »
I just got a call from Jason and he says this car is still available. 

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/cto/4314739444.html
There are three kinds of men:

1.    The ones that learn by reading.
2.    The few who learn by observation.
3.    The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.    Will Rogers